Impact and Public Engagement
“We Are the Irish in Britain – County Connections: County Down / Contae an Dúin”, Irish in Britain (March 2021) – Invited Speaker.
“Finding Yourself in the Library: Queer Archives and the Queer Past”, Pride in STEM: LGBT+ History Month, 2021, University of Oxford (February 2021) – Invited Speaker.
Brave Space: Queer Histories and Identities in London Exhibition and Showcase, Syracuse University, London Centre (February 2019) – Curator, Facilitator, and Speaker.
– ‘Queer People, Closeted Books: Queer History and Restricted Library Collections’, Beyond the Binary: My Normal Takeover, Pitt River’s Museum, Oxford (February 2019) – Invited Speaker.
– “(S)Ex-Libris: Cruising the Bodleian with Hall et al”,
Hertford College LGBTQIA+ History Month Evening, University of Oxford (February 2019) – Invited Speaker.
The Story of Phi: Collecting Sex, Blackwell Hall, Weston Library, Bodleian Libraries, Oxford (November 2018-January 2019) [Curated by Prof Jennifer Ingleheart (University of Durham)].
‘Finding Ourselves in the Library’, Public Engagement Study Day, Bodleian Libraries and the University of Durham (01 December 2018) [Curated by Prof. Jennifer Ingleheart (University of Durham)] – Invited Speaker.
“Meet the Modernists: Live Friday”, America’s Cool Modernism, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, (May 2018) – Invited Speaker.
Outreach and Access
‘Cruising Shakespeare: Queer Approaches to Sonnet 20’, UNIQ 2020: English Summer School, University of Oxford (July 2020) – Invited Speaker and Seminar Facilitator.
– ‘Intersectional Approaches to Gender and Sexuality’, St Peter’s College, Oxford Schools Outreach Carousel, Liverpool (January 2019) – Speaker and Workshop Facilitator.
British Association for Irish Studies PGR & ECR Employability Workshops, Hertford College, Oxford and University of Liverpool (September 2018 and January 2019) – Organiser and Workshop Facilitator.
– ‘Does It Matter Who You Love?: Literature and Identity’, Oxford English Faculty Regional School Visits, Lincolnshire and the North East (November 2018).
Consultancy and Advocacy
– ‘Trans Inclusion and Gender Diversity in PSHE’,
How To Ensure Your PSHE Lessons Are LGBT+ Inclusive, Life Lessons RSE (June 2021)
‘Unpacking the Gender Rucksack: Teaching and Learning Beyond the Binary’, Surviving and Thriving: Be Her Lead Annual Conference, 2021, Be Her Lead (March 2021)
Thank you […] for your workshop on unpacking the gender backpack – so many takeaways to bring into our work at The Girls Network. – Grace Veenman (Network Manager, The Girls Network)
– “Gender: Noun or Verb?”, Assembly and Workshop, Forest Hill School, London (March 2021) – Invited Speaker, Facilitator, and Consultant.
I thought it struck exactly the right tone and was very informative for our students. It was also delivered in a very professional and empathetic way. – Mr Sullivan (Headteacher, Forest Hill School, London)
– ‘(Hyper-)Visibility and Its Discontents’,
Non-Binary 101, TransLondon Network (January 2021) – Invited Speaker and Facilitator.